2023 TRIVOLT™ HERBICIDE PURDUE UNIVERSITY SWAG SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sweepstakes Entry Period. The “Sweepstakes Entry Period” begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Central on March 20, 2023, and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. Central on March 24, 2023.
- Eligibility. The 2023 TriVolt™ Herbicide Purdue University Swag Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the United States, and the District of Columbia who are at least: (a) 18 years of age or (b) the age of majority in their state of residence, if higher than 18, at the time of entry. Void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, an eligible person may enter as follows, with a limit of one (1) entry per person, regardless of the entry method used:
- Entry method 1 – FACEBOOK – How to Enter the Sweepstakes via Facebook. To receive an entry into the Sweepstakes via Facebook, an eligible person should log into his or her Facebook account, visit the @BayerCropProUS Facebook page located at https://www.facebook.com/BayerCropProUS and identify Sponsor’s post announcing the Sweepstakes and asking for entries (the “Sweepstakes Post”). Entrant should then do the following which, when completed, constitute an “Entry Post”:
- Comment on the Sweepstakes Post with the “locomotive” emoji 🚂 and #BoilerUp and #Sweepstakes.
- ENTRY METHOD 2 – TWITTER – How to Enter the Sweepstakes via Twitter. To receive an entry into the Sweepstakes via Twitter, an eligible person should log into his or her Twitter account, visit the @BayerCropProUS Twitter page located at https://twitter.com/BayerCropProUS, and view Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Post. Entrant should then do each of the following which, when done together, constitute an Entry Post:
- Reply to the Entry Post with the “locomotive” emoji 🚂 and #BoilerUp and #Sweepstakes.
- ENTRY METHOD 3 – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY – How to Enter the Sweepstakes by Mail without Payment. To receive an entry into the Sweepstakes, an eligible person should print your name, e-mail address, phone number and address on a plain 3” x 5” piece of paper. The entry must be mailed in an envelope no larger than #10 (business-size envelope), with sufficient postage affixed, to: North America Crop Protection Marketing, Attn: Kasie Garcia: 2023 TriVolt Purdue University Swag Sweepstakes, 800 N Lindbergh Blvd. Building E, St. Louis, MO 63167. Limit one mailed entry per outer-mailing envelope. All mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Mail-in entries that are not received by March 24, 2023, will be considered late and will not be accepted.
To be a valid Entry, all Entry Posts must:
(a) comply with all Facebook or Twitter Terms of Service and Rules (as applicable), and these Official Rules;
(b) be in good taste and appropriate for Sponsor’s audience, in Sponsor’s sole discretion;
(c) be original and not include or reference any persons other than the entrant, or any brands, logos, names or creative works, other than those created by or owned by either entrant, Purdue University, or Sponsor; and
(d) not be offensive or disparaging or infringing of any rights of others
Only complete and valid entries will be eligible. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Eligible entrants agree that Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and entrants agree to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by the Sponsor, or its designee.
All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries that are late, incomplete, garbled/jumbled, illegible, misdirected, lost, damaged, delayed, stolen or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are void. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other website or e-mail address, including, without limitation, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any telephone network, computer hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any fraudulent entries or any individual it finds tampering with the operation or entry process of the Sweepstakes or acting in violation of these Official Rules. If, for any reason, an entry is determined by Sponsor to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if feasible; if not feasible for any reason, Sponsor shall not have any liability to entrant in conjunction with same.
By entering, a person grants a complete release of Twitter and Facebook, and acknowledges and agrees that this Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.
- License Grant / Release. By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees to and does hereby transfer and assign to Sponsor all right, title and interest in and to all works, copyrights, trademarks, inventions, or other intellectual property (the “IP”) created or to be created, in and to all intellectual property based upon, derived from, or incorporating said submitted Entry Post, and waives any non-assignable moral or similar rights he or she may have in respect of said IP. Each Entrant agrees that, by entering this Sweepstakes, Entrant gives Sponsor an unlimited right to use the IP in whole or in part in any manner. Each Entrant further agrees to execute any and all documents necessary to secure to the Sponsor or to its assignee the rights herein granted or necessary or desirable to secure to the Sponsor or its assignee the rights to publish information relating to the Entrant and his or her submitted IP, including a publicity release. Entrants may also be asked to execute an assignment to Sponsor of rights in and to their submitted IP. If Sponsor is unable to secure Entrant’s signature on any document necessary to apply for, prosecute or obtain or enforce any patent, copyright, or other right or protection relating to any IP, whether due to Entrant’s mental or physical incapacity or any other cause by which Entrant does not respond to Sponsor, Entrant hereby irrevocably designates and appoints the Sponsor and each of its duly authorized officers and agents as Entrant’s agent and attorney-in-fact, to act for and in Entrant’s behalf to execute and file any such document and to do all other lawfully permitted acts to further the prosecution, issuance and enforcement of patents, copyrights, or other rights or protections, with the same force and effect as if executed and delivered by Entrant.
- Winner Selection. On or about March 27, 2023, Sponsor will randomly select three (3) entries, from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Entry Period, to receive the below corresponding prize(s) (each, a “Prize”). Decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a potential winner does not respond within five business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept any prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on a random drawing.
Prize #1 (1) – Hat. Approximate Retail Value: $35.00.
Prize #2 (1) – T-Shirt. Approximate Retail Value: $32.00.
Prize #3 (1) – Sweatshirt. Approximate Retail Value: $82.00.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution or cash redemption of any Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of any winner to accept or use any Prize (or portion thereof) for any reason. No more than the stated Prize(s) will be awarded. Limit of one (1) Prize per family/household/address. Winner is solely responsible for all unspecified costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty, representation or guarantee of any kind by Sponsor. Transfer of Prize is not permitted without the permission of Sponsor which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind. A Prize value as stated represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of approximate retail value of prizes.
- Odds of Winning. Odds of winning each Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
- Claiming the Prize. Each potential winner will be notified by e-mail (if provided) and/or mail or phone. In the event that Sponsor cannot contact a potential winner of any Prize despite reasonable (in its sole discretion) attempts, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, randomly select a new, alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries received. Return of any Prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to the address requested an Affidavit and Liability/Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of receipt of the Prize Claim Documents. If such documents are not returned to Sponsor prior to such deadline, any Prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winner shall be disqualified, and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor in a new random drawing from the remaining eligible entries. Except where prohibited by law, each winner also grants Sponsor and its designees the right to use the winner’s full name, hometown, images and likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, including print, broadcast and on-line announcements, without further compensation than the said prize and at no expense to the winner, and Sponsor shall not be obligated to make any such use.
- Taxes. Each winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Sponsor will issue winners of prizes valued at $600 or over an IRS 1099 Tax Form, and winner agrees to fully cooperate in complying with applicable governmental reporting requirements. If requested by Sponsor, the potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving the Prize. Failure to complete, sign and return a W-9 will result in the winner being disqualified, and in such case Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate winner in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
- General. Each entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any disputes shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify, amend or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including without limitation due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. Sweepstakes void where prohibited or restricted. If any provision of this Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any winner(s) or Prize(s). In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
- DISPUTES RESOLUTION. THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF MISSOURI WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in the Promotion, the entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in St. Louis County, Missouri having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Release. By participating, each entrant agrees to hold harmless Sponsor and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the event or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in the promotion, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
- Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Bayer CropScience LC, 800 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63167.
- Winner’s List. Sponsor will provide list of winners upon request. To obtain a list of the Sweepstakes winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email with the subject line “TriVolt™ Herbicide Purdue University Swag Sweepstakes” to Kasie Garcia at [email protected].
Abbreviated Rules (to place in advertisements, e-mails, etc.)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. Open to legal residents of the United States and D.C., who are 18 or older and the age of majority in their state. Enter by visiting Sponsor’s Facebook or Twitter page and completing the required criteria for an Entry Post (as defined in the Official Rules) between March 20, 2023, and March 24, 2023. ARV of prizes (3 to be awarded): $32.00-82.00; odds depend on no. of entries. For a copy of the Official Rules, visit https://trivoltinaction.com/trivolt-purdue-swag-sweepstakes. Sponsor: Bayer CropScience LC, 800 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63167.